Learn and benchmark with attendees from the main cell, gene & immunotherapy communities
Optimise your process, manufacturing capabilities and analytical strategies
- How do you deal with the challenge of CMO selection, process transfer, and demonstration of comparability?
- What are the requirements for the commercial manufacturing process?
- What other steps must be taken in order to launch large scale manufacturing?
- What is best practise for defining the efficacy of your product?
- How do you correlate raw material attributes to your cells?
- What is best practise for assessing critical raw materials?
Ensure stringent cold chain and process automation strategies
- How do you develop a stringent, commercially viable manufacturing strategy?
- How do you bring bioprocessing technologies to these therapies to allow them to be made for the masses?
- What is best practise for keeping costs down in scale-out systems?
- How do you design facilities to make them financially feasible?
- What is best practise when working with automated systems for bioreactors?
- What are the major questions and issues surrounding cryopreservation
Learn how to accelerate preclinical studies and push products into the clinic
- Which new applications are showing the biggest promise for the clinic?
- What is needed from preclinical studies so a product can move smoothly into the clinic?
- How do you apply risk based approaches to reduce the amount of data required?
- How can the results from preclinical animal models be used to convince investors that your product is worthwhile?
- What is the best way to set CQA's early on in your process?
- How have companies secured funding for preclinical studies?
Successful clinical strategies and regulatory intelligence for efficient development
- What are the expectations surrounding the generation of clinical evidence?
- What are the most successful clinical strategies and development case studies?
- What are the current incentives for orphan drugs?
- How will the new European guidelines for clinical trials impact the evaluation of them?
- How can you ensure your business model supports your end goal?
- Can you get your product to market and re-imbursed?
Optimise your time out of the office and benefit from 3 days of additional content with our workshops
Pre-Conference Workshops: 28th November 2016
Next Generation Therapies and Technology Platforms
Post Conference Workshop: 1st December 2016
Characterising ATMP's: Developing Potency Assays
With thanks to our 2016 advisory board of leading industry experts
Anthony Davies, Executive Chairman, Dark Horse Consulting, USA
Mark Angelino, Senior Vice President, Pharmaceutical Sciences, bluebird bio, USA
Brian Murphy, Director of Process Development, Celgene, USA
Andrea Panarello, Industrial Biotechnology Unit Head, Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A., Italy
Miguel Forte, Chief Operating Officer, TxCell SA, France
Lior Raviv, Director of Development, Pluristem, Israel
Christopher Bravery, Director at Consulting on Advanced Biologicals Ltd., UK
Hanna Lesch, Research and Development Director, Finvector Vision Therapies, Finland
Network over 2 days with cell and gene therapy industry decision makers
Last Event Highlights
Brussels played host to our last Cell and Gene Therapy event with over 200+ industry experts onsite including representatives from GSK, Juno Therapeutics amongst others.Thee event covered the key topics of commercialisation, regulations and manufacturing models for the success of cell therapies.
Meet, Partner and be Inspired by the industy's leading experts
Inspirational Speaker: Toby Peach - 29th November 2016
"I was born on 18th December 1988. I dressed up as a bandicoot once. I was diagnosed with cancer 2,102,000 minutes ago…"
One in two of us will experience cancer first-hand and now Toby Peach brings this universalissue to the stage. The Eulogy of Toby Peach is the story of his journey with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, a cancer of the lymph nodes that he faced at the age of 19 and againat 21. Toby didn’t know what cancer was, what happens when it’s treated and the effects it can have. A Eulogy is a celebration of life - we will all need one; Toby is just delivering his now.
Join Toby as he enters the (not so) exclusive Cancer Club; sample chemotherapy cocktails, select the perfect funeral playlist and marvel at Willy Wonka’s life-saving stem cell machine. From diagnosis to remission, relapse and treatment, experience a young man's journey with cancer in this honest, fascinating andinspiring exploration of modern science and the wonders of the human body. The Eulogy of Toby Peach is a discovery of self-mortality and this original piece explores a true story and an important and difficult subject in a refreshing, insightful and humorous way.
Peer to Peer Networking & Partnering Opportunities
- Event App: browse the delegate list, access speaker presentations, set up 1-2-1 meetings, view the latest agenda and vote on industry hot topics
- Drinks Reception
- Bespoke 1-to-1 Meetings
- Collaboration zones
- 4 streams in one location - meet and discuss with peers working in different phases of cell, gene and immunotherapy development
3 of the Biggest Challenges Facing Cell and Gene Therapies - In the Words of Industry Leaders
As Chairman Christopher Bravery explained in his opening remarks at February's 2016 Congress, it is one of the rare times when those in the industry can “candidly admit all the problems and difficulties we face”.
1) Defining your Product
"The most, most, most(!) important first step is to define your product"
"If you don't know what your product is then you can't design a process to make it"
2) Supply of Raw Materials
"There have to be very tight specifications for the starting material"
"Please challenge your suppliers and partners to manage production of materials to ensure a high quality, consistent product"
3) Upscaling Production
"Without innovation in the process and supply chain these transformational treatments will remain the preserve of a handful of privileged patients"
"Try and fix any problems early - don't live with them"
Reduced Rate Accommodation
Informa does not have a 3rd party hotel booking agency representing this event aside from the below links. If you are contacted to book accommodation by any agency, this is not recommended, as they are unknown to Informa and the hotel.
Please click here to book reduced rate accommodation at one of our preferred hotel suppliers - Novotel Amsterdam City Centre Hotel.
Please click here to book alternative accommodation options.
Do you have a new or unique product you wish to discuss and demo?
To take part in the Live Labs demonstration tours and to showcase a product or service please contact email@example.com for more information.