Stephane Garelli - Professor of competitiveness (nations and enterprises),, IMD Business School in Lausanne and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- BREXIT and Trump- what impact this will have on the European and Global landscape of clinical research?
- Skepticism about globalization increases the complexity of managing enterprises globally.
- Governments’ debt, escalating social expenses, low or negative yields, new international taxation rules, extensive compliance and market consolidation heavily impact on business prospects and confidence levels.
- Many positive developments exist such as new players and new brands from emerging economies, new market segments and new technology-driven business models.
- Competitiveness will also be a question of mindset. The management of efficiency, change, and complexity remain top priorities. A mindset of imagination (why not?), of energy (why not now?) and of commitment (why not me?) will also be decisive. How?