Early Clinical Development Joins Partnerships in Clinical Trials 2016
Exchanging knowledge and benchmarking your clinical practices
- An interactive panel discussion on Improving the safety of trials in Phase 1 and in particular FIM trials with panellists from MHRA, Sarah Cannon Research Institute and Federal Agency for Medicines & Health Products
- Focused sessions on regulatory challenges; patient recruitment, retention and centricity; outsourcing and partnering; therapeutic products and indications and study design
- Accelerate drug development to proof of concept studies by benchmarking your studies with leading industry experts from Jansen, Novartis, AstraZeneca, Astellas, Bayer, Sanofi Aventis and Lundbeck.
- Interactive regulatory session from the MHRA outlining the changing requirements with the clinical trial regulation, the ICH QT Prolongation E14, update on the FDA guidelines on rare diseases, the ICH guideline on advanced cancer and on the non- clinical support for paediatric clinical trials and In light of the Bial trial the latest update on the EU risk mitigation guideline
Offering a true network and partnering opportunity between Sponsors, CRO’s, Patient Advocacy Groups, Regulators and Investigators
- Event App: browse the delegate list, access speaker presentations, set up 1-to-1 meetings, view the latest agenda and vote on industry hot topics
- Partnerships bar and drinks reception will return with a live band to recharge your batteries after a full day.
- Ask the Experts- Allowing One-to-One discussion with Industry experts
- Guaranteed 1-to-1 meetings. Build relationships
- Think Tank Sessions creating interactive roundtables industry discussions
- Product stage- allocated time for presentations from industry
- George Freeman MP, Minister for Life Sciences, UK will give a lunchtime presentation on Patients and Innovation
Co-location with Partnership in Clinical Trials
- Dr Mark Porter a GP and Medical Correspondent for the BBC will coordinate a candid interview to strategic senior level opening plenary industry professionals
- Thought leader discussion Panels and real-life case studies will look at anecdotes, strategies and knowledge
- Sir Steve Redgrave will depict the challenges of living with diabetes whilst becoming the only British athlete to win five consecutive Olympic gold medals
- Straight from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival the Eulogy of Toby Peach is a story of his journey with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, a cancer of the lymph nodes that he faced at the age of 19 and again at 21.
- Lifetime achievement award- given to an individual who has made a major impact on the world of clinical trials
- 8 Conference tracks in 1 Location
Who You'll Meet at Early Clinical Development and Partnerships in Clinical Trials Europe
Providing Inspiration for Future Success
Out of Industry Inspirational Speaker
After a day of industry discussions, panels and breakout sessions the end of day 1 will bring all conference tracks back together to enjoy a keynote session from one of the all time sporting greats, and multi gold medal winning Olympian, Sir Steve Redgrave.
Sir Steve will be sharing his emotive story of not only what it takes to be the best in your field but how he overcame adversity to achieve the record breaking 5th Olympic Gold in Sydney after suffering colitis and being diagnosed with Diabetes in 1997.
Engaging Patient Stories
Toby Peach talks through his award winning theatre show; The eulogy of Toby Peach, as he tries to answer the question ‘How am I still here?’. One in two of us will experience cancer first-hand and now Toby brings this universal issue to the stage through his story of his journey with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
Matthew Zachary was a 21-year old college senior and concert pianist en route to film school when he lost use of his left hand. He was diagnosed with paediatric brain cancer, told he’d likely never perform again and given a 50/50 chance of surviving. His story "Stupid Cancer" follows his story from then until the present day.
Driving Clinical Success
The Life Time Achievement Award (sponsored by mdevents) is awarded to a member of our community who has made major contributions over the whole of their career and has made a “major impact on the world of clinical trials during their lifetime". Factors considered in the selection process include:span and scope of career; someone who has really changed the direction the industry is moving in; legacy of the individual's work;additional awards or honours received; and references.The PCT lifetime achievement award 2015 was given to Kenneth Getz, Director of Sponsored Research Programs & Research Associate Professor at Tufts Center
Influential speakers include
Reed Messe Wien Congress Center, Vienna
Early Clinical Development 2016 will be held at the Reed Messe Wien Congress Center, Vienna.
In the heart of the city. Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center is centrally located, yet close to Vienna’s famous Prater park and around the corner from the campus of the new Vienna University of Economics and Business, the Sigmund Freud Private University and the modern, green “Viertel Zwei” business and residential area.
Two underground stations are located a stone’s throw away from the venue’s main entrances. It only takes a few minutes to reach Vienna’s old town with its wide range of hotels by public transport. The Center also has excellent air, rail and motorway links – Vienna International Airport is just 20 minutes away by taxi. For anyone who travels to the venue by car, there are more than 4,000 parking spaces available in the immediate vicinity.
A number of first-rate international hotels are within easy walking distance, including the 3-star plus Austria Trend Hotel Messe Wien, the 4-star Courtyard by Marriott Wien Messe, the 4-star Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront and the 3-star Motel One Wien Prater.
Reed Messe Wien GmbH
Postfach 277 A-1021 Wien
Please click HERE for directions on how to access the venue
Informa does not have a third party hotel booking agency representing this event aside from the below links. If you are contacted to book accommodation by any agency, this is not recommended as they are unknown to Informa.
Informa has negotiated a number of discounted rates in hotels within walking distance from the Reed Messe Wien Congress Centre (please click on the hotel names to access the booking links or alternatively follow instructions below):
Austria Trend Hotel Messe Wien (5 minutes walk)
Motel One Wien-Prater (5 minutes walk) - please contact the hotel directly (email@example.com)
Courtyard by Marriott Messe Wien (10 minutes walk)
Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront (15 minutes walk)
Melia Vienna ( 8 minutes drive)
Best Western Arcadia Hotel (10 minutes walk) - please contact the hotel directly (firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: + 43 (1) 729 70 12)
Novotel Suites Wien City Donau (13 minutes walk) - please contact the hotel directly quoting key word "PCT2016" (email@example.com)
Ibis Wien Messe (14 minutes walk) - please contact the hotel directly quoting key word "PCT2016"(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ibis Budget Wien Messe (14 minutes) - please contact the hotel directly quoting key word "PCT2016"(email@example.com)
Austria Trend Hotel Lasalle (18 minutes walk)