Christian EckermannHead of Biopharma Austria & Senior Vice President at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV GmbH & CoKG
- Dr. Christian Eckermann has 20 years of experience in Biopharmaceutical Research, Development, manufacturing and Quality.
- Christian is currently heading the Biopharma Site in Vienna, Austria and is a member of the Biopharma Executive Committee at Boehringer Ingelheim. He is responsible for all microbial CMC development and large scale production activities for BI own products (New Biological Entities) and Contract Manufacturing Business. At the Vienna Site are more than 12000 L microbial fermentation capacities and construction of a new cell culture facility with 9 x 15000 L fermenters is ongoing.
- Before moving to Austria in 2013, Christian was 10 years in various functions at Boehringer in Process Science and Operations, latest being responsible for successful product transfers, scale up, clinical and market supply of biopharmaceutical medicines at Biberach, Germany.
- Before joining Boehringer, Christian was in Biotechnology Research at Roche.
- Christian has written several publications including chapters for books, holds different patents and developed the trademark protected RAPPtor® technology platform.