Explore key topics through case studies and in-depth sessions on quality-driven biobanking
Global Regulatory & Ethical Policy Updates
Drive positive patient outcomes through an understanding of new regulatory, global, and ethical updates through a dedicated track session, including 5+ talks.
Data & Analytics
Dive deep into new technology and innovative data & sample management projects presented by Takeda, Novartis, and NIH.
Establish a Sustainable Business Model
Learn through an interactive workshop that focuses on helping you develop a business pitch. The workshop includes a deep dive into strategic business planning, monetizing your biobank through cost recovery, diversifying revenue streams, and creating alliances.
Benchmark Biobank Operations
Measure the success of your biobank operations and your ROI through a hands on learning experience.
Examine the Most Critical Elements of BioBanking & Sample Management Today
Informed consent is an evergreen process whose output determines storage and usage criteria for human samples. The rapid rate of growth in scientific knowledge is calling upon industry and academia alike to investigate new hypotheses in the effort to prevail over serious unmet medical needs – all while balancing a changing regulatory and patient-empowered environment of increasing legal and ethical complexity.
The Final Common Rule
For years, federal regulations have deemed the research use of deidentified blood and tissue samples collected in clinical procedures to be non-human subjects research, and therefore has not required informed consent from the patients from whom they were taken. Now the U.S.Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) proposes to change that rule — a revision that could potentially affect the operations of some institutions' biobanks.
Next Gen Sequencing
Enrich quality control and sample integrity with case study insights into sample storage, building a multidisciplinary biorepository and core molecular laboratory quality program, performance metrics, and more.
Hear first hand from the Mayo Clinic on the $142 million grant they were awarded by the NIH to establish the world’s largest research-cohort biobank.
GET YOUR $299 BIOTECH WEEK BOSTON EXHIBIT HALL PASS
Register for the Biotech Week Boston (BWB) 3-Day Exhibit Hall pass for $299. This pass grants you access to Boston’s largest life science destination where you will partner, socialize and learn about the latest patient-centric science and innovative technologies, and includes:
- 3 BWB Keynotes including Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder, Apple Computer Inc. and Toni Hoover, Ph.D., Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Access to 200+ Exhibitors, Service Providers, and Technologies
- Review the latest science research from 125+ Scientific Posters
- 20+ Tech Workshops and Panel Discussions, including the Innovation Summit, in the BWB Theatre
- And More...
Gain Critical Knowledge from Pharma, Biotech, Government, and Academic Leaders
Hear from experts within biorepositories and sample management and key government agencies, including NIH, FDA and NCI as well as fresh out-of-industry perspectives on the state of healthcare and innovation.
Why Biorepositories is #1
Coverage You Can't Find Anywhere Else
- Extensive coverage of the Final Common Rule
- The long-awaited Final Common Rule is expected to be released this September 2016.
- Substantive industry representation
- In addition to academia and research, there is an added focus on Pharma
- Unparalleled focus on Precision Medicine
- 2 Keynote Sessions and 1 Panel Discussion dedicated to dive deep into Precision Medicine.
3 Unique Pre-Conference Workshops
- Biobank Business Planning Workshop: Making your Pitch
- Qualitative and Quantitative Measures for Benchmarking Biobank Operations
Regulatory Framework and Practical Issues Arising in Biobank Research
Networking & Special Events
- BWB Networking Lunch / Biorep Roundtable Discussions
- BWB Opening Night: Celebration of Science
- BPI Magazine Awards Reception and Dinner
- BWB Women's Executive Leadership Dinner
- Party in the Park at The Lawn on D
Who You Will Meet
Join the growing community of biobankers, including global stakeholders from pharma, biotech, biorepositories, large academia, government, hospitals and research centers, to explore your greatest biobanking challenges and opportunities.
Biotech Week Boston Partnering App
All registered attendees of Biotech Week Boston will receive access to the Partnering app starting in September. With the BWB Partnering App, attendees will be able to communicate with one another before, during and after the event utilizing these features:
- View the attendee list
- Pre-schedule meetings
- Send private messages
- Share announcements
- Create a customized agenda
Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
415 Summer St, Boston, MA 02210, United States
516,000 square-feet of column-free, contiguous exhibit space, and 82 meeting rooms.
The Conference and Exhibition Centre is just 8 minutes from Logan International Airport
Brand New Concepts
Experimental exhibit spaces and forward-thinking approach to sustainable conference hosting.